Monday, October 26, 2009

Roooaaar

Alright, randomness. Let's see, what to talk about... todaaay.

I've got it! ... Ok, no, I don't. I just thought that would give me momentum. Crap.

Oh! Now I've got it, I mean it this time. Manga~! So! I went to a Japanese marketplace called Mitsuwa recently, right? I didn't have a lot of money on my card at the time, so I wasn't able to get too much, but I was able to get my hands on the first volume of a manga series I already have, but it's in Japanese this time. So I'm looking through it, looking through it, not understanding a whole lot... but it helps me practice reading. So that's good. I hand it off to Matsubara-sensei (that is to say, my Japanese teacher. -Hakase would mean professor.) in the car and, without realizing it, she starts to read it! After about 8 pages, she realizes it and hands it back, apologizing quickly. I swear, she's adorable.

Like a kitten kind of adorable. Jerks. Gawd.

She's from Osaka, which tends to be a more... verbose city in Japan. You can definitely tell it in her energetic manner and cutesy dialect. For example: many sentences in Japanese end with desu. The 'u', in standard dialect, is silent. (Deh-s). The Kansai (Kah-n-sa-i) dialect, among other things, has the 'u' pronounced. (Deh-su). Try it. It's cute for girls.

But, yeah. Due to a conversation I had with a friend of mine, we're now contemplating comparing Matsubara-sensei to Lolcats. Tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment